Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 37: Damsel in Distress



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think, believe and percieve that if I have a man in my life he must take care of me

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think, believe and perceive that I need a man to take care of me

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that without a man in my life I would be unable to remain stable

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want a man to do all the things I think a man should do according to sterotypes of a man yet at the same time be unwilling to trap myself in sterotypical feminine roles

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel safe when a man acts like a sterotypical male character

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to resist walking this point of male and female roles

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself resist change because this would require for me to trust myself and take responsibility for myself and my world

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blame men for the condition of this world

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see, realize or understand that I am equally responsible for the condition of this world and for the characters that we all currently participate within and as

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to limit self expression through accepted and allowing myself to try and trap others in character roles just so that I don't have to face myself


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to exist as a damsel in distress character

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe what I saw in the media about how men and women should conduct themselves and to try and act out those roles so that I would be accepted in society and by a man

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to question the absurdity of such roles

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see realize or understand that I am equally responsible for the separation these roles cause

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want a man to save me

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment